International Student Information
Bishop Maginn High School welcomes international students to join our community. We are in our first year as one of the few local schools approved to admit international students and issue I-20 forms to facilitate the visa process.
A well-qualified international applicant has a strong academic record and sufficient English language proficiency to perform well in a challenging college preparatory environment.
English Language Policy and Supports
Entering students are expected to have achieved a SLEP score above 60 or provide other evidence that their English is at that level. An interview (in person, on line or by telephone) is part of the application process.
Teachers at Bishop Maginn High School work closely with international students who receive additional language support, including:
- Language and Writing Supports help students with English conversation and in all their subjects including Science, English, Social Studies, and Religion.
- A 3-week orientation for international students runs from late July to mid-August, with a strong language development component and an introduction to American culture.
- International students have special opportunities to meet with teachers and administrators informally, ask questions and advance their English language skills.
- Students who need additional specialized support will be referred to BMHS tutors at no additional cost.
International Student Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees for 2012-2013: $10,000
This includes :
- $150.00 registration fee
- $1000 deposit to reserve a space
- All books
- Special English Language Support
- International Academic Counseling
- Academic mentoring
- Orientation and transition programs
Bishop Maginn High School does not provide housing and, therefore, living arrangements will need to be made by individual students.